Friday, March 1, 2013

Today is the Day!

Hurray!!! Hurray!!! Today is the day!!!



Now, obviously it's not D-Day, since we still have quite a way to go before then.  Neither is it the day of my mid-pregnancy ultrasound where we find out the gender of our little nugget.  What makes today so special, you ask?


Welllllll --- Today is the day my husband returns from Camp Shelby, Mississippi!!!!  He left the day after New Years for EMT training through the Army National Guard, and today he finally comes home.  Obviously, for safety reasons, I did not want to make it public knowledge that I was going to be alone for over 8 weeks.  But now that he's coming home today, I can shout it from the rooftops!!!  60 days.  That is how long me, baby, and Apollo (our great dane and lab mix) have been alone.  In the 7 years we have been together, he has had to go on several extended training sessions lasting between 8 and 12 weeks.  But this was the first time since we've been married. . . . not to mention pregnant for the very first time.  The days were long, and the nights were even longer that we have spent apart, but now we are finally going to be reunited.


I am making a special gluten free dinner for us tomorrow night to celebrate his graduation!  His mom's gluten-free baked chicken parmesan, gf stuffed artichokes, roasted asparagus, and maybe even some gf gooey mac and cheese.  No holding back!  Look out baby, lots of yummy food incoming!  I can't wait.  Cooking for one person for 8 weeks has not been fun.  In fact, it was kind of depressing.  Poor Andy, his main diet while he was gone has consisted of fried food or rubbery meats due to the wonderful selection in the cafeteria.  No wonder Mississippi is ranked number one in the country for having the highest percent of obese people!  Needless to say, he is looking forward to vegetables and healthier food options, and I can't wait to oblige him.


Poor guy, I have a whole list of "to-do's" for us to do when he comes home.  But most of them are exciting!  We have our anatomy ultrasound, gender reveal dinner with our family, nursery painting, and gift registry to complete!  Plus, catch up on some much missed familypod bonding time :) Stay tuned for my 19 week post... I'm a little behind this week. Until then, Happy March!




1 comment:

  1. aww! Welcome Home Andy! That had to be hard being by yourself! Can't wait for the gender reveal! :)
    (p.s. my guess is girl)

    ReplyDelete