Friday, February 22, 2013

18 weeks

At 18 weeks, our little cupcake is the size of a bell pepper! Or a sweet potato.... whichever sounds better to you at the moment.  I've already made 3 food references in less than 2 lines.  Can you tell food is on my mind?  I feel like I am constantly hungry.  Baby must be going through a growth spurt, because lately I can't eat enough! 

After those first few little nudges I felt last week, I went about 3 days without feeling any movement.  But then all of the sudden in class Thursday night, I felt another flick!  Then a jab, and a tickle.  It made me so happy and relieved to know baby is still moving around in there.  Every once in a while, I think I feel a little bubble or poke.  I'm still not 100% sure if it's baby or just me imagining things.

Maybe this is all in my head, but I'm beginning to feel the effects of pregnancy on my workouts.  I feel like I tire out quicker, can't run as fast, or keep as good of form/posture when I run and lift.  Not to mention I have to take frequent potty breaks mid-burpees and squat jumping.  Did anyone else ever experience workout fatigue this early on?  Am I just being a wimp?  I feel like I am not showing enough to feel the effects of my center of gravity shifting, but after running the same way for over 10 years, I definitely feel a difference.  Working out while pregnant really makes you appreciate working out while not pregnant.

Tomorrow is the Sand Mine Challenge!  Not really sure what to expect, but bracing myself for a disappointing time.  I don't feel like I should be weaving in and out of people  and pushing myself to my limits in order to try and catch the people in front of me due to my own competitiveness and vanity.  We will see :)  I will focus on doing what's best for baby and me. 

This week, my bump finally started to make its debut!  Still in that awkward phase of just looking out of shape and chubby, but getting close to having a real bump.  In the next few weeks, I anticipate a rude stranger coming up and asking if I'm pregnant.  I think I will be totally overjoyed and totally offended at the same time.  Who knows, I might break down crying just to make them feel bad, say something rude right back, or jump up and down and hug them.  I am beginning to realize that pregnancy makes you unpredictable.  Alas, the 18 week bump!




I noticed when I turned to face the camera a little more, you could see the bump better :)




Symptoms: Inexplicable road rage, always hungry, and harder workouts

Weight Gain: 6 pounds total!

Cravings:  Still look forward to my Oatmeal Square cereal with diced nectarines every morning, as well as pizza, pretzels, and french dip sandwiches

Gender Prediction:  Girl

Clothing:  Now up to 2 pairs of jeans using the Bella Band

Exciting happenings:  Race day tomorrow, feeling more movement, and anatomy scan in just over a week!


No comments:

Post a Comment