Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter Weekend! (23 Weeks)

Happy Easter Weekend!!! 
I looooove Easter time.  Besides getting to appreciate Jesus' sacrifice and celebrating his resurrection (which is the real reason behind Easter), it's usually the first signs that spring and summer are on their way!  The pastels and springy colors of Easter get me so excited that the dreaded winter is leaving and warm weather is coming.  Plus, it's another reason to be festive and get together with family.  Holidays are the best!

At 23 weeks and 5 days, our little girl weighs as much as a grapefruit!  From head to toe, she is about 11 inches long.  Her nipples are forming, and her face is fully developed! Also, she is listening to our voices and daily activities.  It's so exciting knowing that when she's born, she will be able to recognize my voice!  

So far, these past few weeks have been relatively easy as far as pregnancy goes.  No swelling of the ankles, no back aches, no head aches, or morning sickness.  The only symptoms I have are fatigue and a growing belly!  Occasionally, I will feel round ligament pain as my abs are being stretched, but it will all be worth it.  

The armoire is almost finished.  It just needs one more final coat and poly afterwards.  It has taken a lot of paint to cover it, due to being mahogany, but already it looks great!  I will post pictures when I am done.  Also, my mom bought me a sewing machine at an estate sale the other day, so I will start working on my crib bedding soon.  Just need to order the fabrics!

Here is my 23 week bump!




Symptoms:  Some round ligament pain and general tiredness

Weight Gain:  12 lbs?

Cravings:  Green apples and anything I see on cooking shows

Stretch Marks/ Belly Button Pop?:  No stretch marks yet! Belly Button still an innie, but less than before.

Exciting Happenings:  Spring is here and baby is getting bigger!

No comments:

Post a Comment