Saturday, March 2, 2013

19 weeks and almost halfway there!

We are 19 weeks! Our little nugget is the size of a mango!!!  Baby is about 6 inches long now from crown to rump :) even longer if you count the legs!  This week, our little nugget is working on developing the nerve cells for their 5 senses.  Also this week, we will be able to see our baby via ultrasound again!  The tech will check all of the growing baby's anatomy, so we will be able to find out the gender of our little one as well.  So excited!  I can't wait to start turning my nursery ideas into progress.


What's your vote?
BOY?
OR
GIRL?



Saturday, I ran in the Sandmine Challenge in Crystal City, MO.  It's a 3-4 mile obstacle course inside an old mine!  It's really neat inside.  It looks like a huge cave.  I even got to wear an awesome headlamp because parts of the mine were so dark.  The obstacles were a joke, even for a 4 1/2 month preggo, but running through the sand was quite the task.  We ended up doing 2 laps of the race, which made the trek to Crystal City more worth it.  I successfully kept my competitiveness under control, and took it easy.  It was really frustrating to not push myself to try to catch everyone in front of me though.  I was proud of myself though and had a great time.  I would definitely like to do this race again next year when I can try to race it a little more competitively.  Here is a post race picture and my 19 week baby bump!


  





Symptoms:  Working out is becoming harder, but such a relief. Me and baby feel much better after we get our sweat on!

Weight Gain: 7 1/2 lbs!!! omg

Cravings:  Pizza and baked potatoes.  I NEVER used to like baked potatoes until this week.  Also, I've had to cut back on eating my green apples, oranges, nectarines and grapefruit because my tongue started getting sore like when you eat too much pineapple.  Too much acid I guess :(

Exciting Happenings: Successfully ran 2 laps of the Sandmine Challenge and my upcoming mid-pregnancy ultrasound!

No comments:

Post a Comment