Thursday, March 7, 2013

20 weeks! And my lovely baby bump

I am officially 20 weeks! That means I am halfway through my pregnancy!  Our little nugget is half-baked and is already the size of a cantelope/banana.  I really feel like my baby bump has begun to make an appearance this past week.  Sometimes I wake up at night and my round ligaments feel like they are being stretched to their limits.  It feels like someone has their fist inside my belly and is kneading on my stomach muscles.  Slightly uncomfortable, but at least I know the baby is moving and getting bigger! Grow baby, grow! 

This was such a special week for us because we had our mid-pregnancy ultrasound and got to reveal the gender to our families.  After not seeing the baby for a couple months, it was so refreshing! Our ultrasound tech was great.  She was so quick and thorough and explained everything as she was doing it.  We got to watch her take measurements and pictures of the baby for about 30-35 minutes!  At one point, baby even waved at us.  It made my heart so happy.  Baby was very cooperative and super active throughout the whole photo shoot.  Afterwards, the tech went to enter all of the measurements and the doctor on duty came in to tell us that everything looked great.  Fluid levels were normal, and baby's growth was normal.  I was so relieved to hear those words.  I am looking forward to my 20 week appt on Monday to talk to my doctor more in depth.

Before the ultrasound tech began, we told her that we didn't want to find out the gender while we were at the hospital.  Instead, we had her print out an ultrasound picture revealing the gender to us and sealed it in an envelope.  After our appointment, we drove to New Town where we got married.  Our plan was to stop and grab a tasty treat to celebrate with, but we were just short on time because we had a lot to do before our families came over that evening.  So we went straight to the spot where we said our vows and opened the envelope.  Such a surreal moment.  I am still in shock and can't wrap my head around it.  Stay tuned later this week for our gender reveal.  I am so excited to share the news with everyone!





Here is my 20 week bump picture!




Symptoms:  Round ligament pain and increased RHR

Weight Gain: 8 1/2 lbs

Cravings: green apples, baked potatoes, pizza 

Gender: Stay tuned!

Exciting happenings: Ultrasound went well and upcoming 20 week appt

Maternity Clothes: Stifling the urge to buy some cute tops until warmer weather. I wear a lot of leggings, my one pair of maternity jeans, and use the rubberband/Bella Band technique on 2 pairs of my old jeans. I can still button 2 pairs of my old jeans, although they are feeling a little snug.




No comments:

Post a Comment