Friday, April 5, 2013

Happy V-Day! (24 weeks)

So, technically this post is a little late, but we'll call it V-Week.  For those of you who don't know, V-day stands for Viability Day.  That means our little nugget has grown so much that if she were born today, her chances of surviving have jumped considerably! When you are pregnant, every little milestone you pass is something to celebrate.

At 24 weeks, our little girl is the size of a cantaloupe! Okay, technically she weighs as much as a cantaloupe, and is a little longer.  She is about a foot long now!  I was reading somewhere that at 24 weeks, my uterus is the size of a soccer ball!  No wonder my old jeans and shirts are feeling a little snug.... actually quite snug. This week, her skin is becoming more opaque and less translucent.  She is also growing more capillaries so her skin is starting to take on the pinkish glow.  

Here is my 24 week bump!




Symptoms: A bunch of weird dreams this week, plus waking up a lot at night. Some round ligament pain

Weight Gain: Find out on Monday for sure at my next appt, but I think about 13 lbs.

Cravings:  Lots of fruit still, and anything cheesy

Stretch Marks: None yet

Belly Button: Still in

Labor Signs: No Braxton Hicks yet... that I am aware of.

Exciting Happenings:  Andy's new job and no more snow, hopefully!  (For those of you who know me know I detest snow and cold weather). Also, we were laying in bed last night and noticed a huge bulge on the right side of my belly, but completely flat on the left side. Our little nugget was tucked away in a ball on the right side of me and she felt rock hard! So cute!
Also, we MAY have decided on a name!



No comments:

Post a Comment