Saturday, January 26, 2013

Why Hello, Second Trimester!

It's official! I made it to the 2nd trimester! So many things to be grateful for:

1.  This week is the best I've felt my entire pregnancy! Only got sick once!
2.  The risk of miscarriage has gone wayyyy down!
3.  Another week closer to finding out the gender of Baby I
4.  I get to go shopping for maternity clothes soon! Anyone have any tips for some inexpensive but cute clothes? I am not buying a whole new wardrobe, as I will only be wearing them for a few months. However, I do need a few staples, plus some fun pieces to make me not feel so blah!

At 14 weeks, Baby I is the size of a lemon! Holy cow!  Baby is able to wiggle its fingers and toes, and its kidneys are fully functioning now! Baby has almost doubled in weight in one week!!!  I've definitely noticed a change in my body from last week to this week.  In my non-stretch skinny jeans, I've had to resort to the rubberband technique in order to not be uncomfortable while wearing them.  My other jeans still fit ok, but I am kinda looking forward to wearing the cute maternity jeans Andy got me for Christmas. I am definitely looking forward to finally looking pregnant instead of just feeling chubby and bloated.  When does this normally happen?  I know everyone is different, so I really shouldn't compare myself to how early other people start showing.  Nevertheless, I have a feeling that pretty soon I will have a bump getting in my way, and I will miss this stage where I just feel a little pregnant.  

Alas, enough jabbering. Here is my 14 1/2 week bump!


Symptoms: Difficulty catching my breath while running hills or speed intervals, potty breaks 24/7, crazy ridiculous dreams, and way less morning sickness!

Weight Gain: According to my scale, 3 lbs

Cravings:  Chipotle burritos, Orange Leaf frozen yogurt, fajitas, macaroni and cheese, and mango everything!

Gender Prediction: I've been hearing girl from a lot of people, but it's a 50/50 chance!


1 comment:

  1. ok, call me when your bump makes an actual appearance. I look 20 weeks pregnant WITHOUT a baby in my tummy! You skinny girl!
    So, please blog about your crazy dreams sometime, I'd be curious if you had any comparable to the dream I had where I was desperately trying to nurse my cat (who in the dream as also my baby)! LOL

    ReplyDelete