Wednesday, June 26, 2013

36 weeks - less than a month to go!

I can't believe how little time we have left before we meet our little girl!  Just thinking about it makes me realize how much stuff I still want to get done before she arrives.  I ordered her carseat and base over the weekend, and it's supposed to arrive later on this week.  I think I will install it the day it comes in the mail.  I am sick of having that on my to do list.  It was in the "must do" column because otherwise we wouldn't be able to bring her home from the hospital!  I am relieved that it is finally on its way.

I had my second baby shower over the weekend.  This one was thrown by my husband's dad's side of the family.  Everything was so amazing, and I am so grateful to be a part of his family!  They served these wonderful quiches, kale salad, sandwiches, and fruit salad.  Everything was delicious and so much fun!  Working on unloading everything, washing baby clothes, and trying to find a place for all of her stuff has been a challenge.  I should have had a garage sale about 2 months ago to get rid of some of our junk!

These next few weeks are going to be a whirlwind of activity.  We just finished our final childbirth class on Tuesday.  I now have weekly doctor's visits.  This weekend I have my third and final baby shower with Andy's mom's side of the family.  I will then be in full on nesting mode to get ready for her arrival.  I am going to try to have her nursery completely finished by July 13th.  July 12 will be my last day of work.  Then the rest of the time will be spent buying last minute things, cleaning the house spotless, stocking up on groceries and freezer meals, and trying not to freak out.

In other news, our little girl is getting ready for her big debut.  She was once a poppyseed, but now she is a honeydew!  Our little nugget just keeps growing and growing.  Baby is working on her lung development as well as putting on some extra poundage.  I had my 36 week doctors appointment on Monday.  I was measuring right at 35 cm, and baby girl's heart rate was 132.  I also had my GBS test done, and my first "equipment" check today.  Turns out I am already 1.5 cm dilated and 50% effaced! Must be from all that running slow as a turtle jogging ;)
Here is my 36 week bump:



Symptoms:  Sleep issues due to hypersensitive hearing.  Sometimes I get a nap in though later on in the day.  Slow, slow, slow running pace.  I bet I will be doing the pregnancy waddle in another week.

Weight Gain:  21 1/2 lbs! My doctor wanted me to gain 27-30 lbs, so I think I am still doing pretty well with that goal.

Cravings:  Fruit, Fritz's frozen custard, Chinese food.  I gave into my Chinese food cravings on Monday and made homemade General Tso's chicken, vegetable steamed rice, and homemade crab rangoons.  Holy delicious! Messy cleanup, but so worth it.  I think Andy thought he died and went to heaven.

Belly Button:  Still a flatty.  Wondering if it is going to pop or not?

Stretch marks:  None yet... praying these last few weeks leave me unscathed, but we'll see!

Labor Signs:  A few Braxton Hicks here and there, but mostly I don't even notice them.  Obviously they are doing something though!

Exciting happenings:  Graduated from our childbirth classes, my last baby shower this weekend, and my car seat in the mail!

No comments:

Post a Comment