Thursday, June 6, 2013

33 Weeks!

Our labor support bag is packed!  Our birthing instructor assigned it as homework last week, and I'm so glad she did.  Several July moms in "The Bump" group I am in have already had their babies!  It is such a relief to be able to cross that off my to do list.  I also started putting together baby's bag and my hospital stay bag.  Sure, it may be a little early, but the more prepared I get the less stress I will feel towards the end!  I have enough things to remember, and my pregnancy brain is not helping.

In other news this week, our air conditioner began to slowly die.  We now have a brand new one!  On the plus side, it happened now, and not when the weather got to be 95 degrees and humid.  Also, it happened before baby got here.  On the down side, there goes 4+ grand of our savings.

At 33 weeks, our little nugget is not so little anymore.  Baby is now the size of a smelly durian fruit!  She is roughly around 4 pounds and 17 inches long.  Her brain continues to develop, and her bones are continuing to harden.  No wonder her kicks and jabs have started to become uncomfortably strong.  One of my favorite things is when Apollo (my dog) barks suddenly, and she jumps inside me.  It's kind of sad that he scares her, but it's also quite endearing at the same time.

I am really going to miss that part of being pregnant.  It's so amazing to get to feel my baby kick and stretch and hiccup inside me.  Heck, there is a lot I am going to miss about being pregnant.  Truth is, I actually LOVE being pregnant.  I have had a relatively easy pregnancy and am very grateful for it.  Besides the weight gain and the ever growing belly, I feel just like my old self.  I consider myself extremely lucky.  People say the nicest things to me and have been so considerate.  It's almost as if they think being pregnant is a handicap.  Whatever, I'll take the special treatment :)  Plus, the feeling of knowing you are growing another human being inside of you is incredible.  It's indescribable.  It's such a special feeling to know that I will finally have someone that I am blood related to (I was adopted in case you didn't know).  This little girl will be my first blood relative!  I am so excited.  I have dreamed about this day my entire life, and it's almost here!


And now, my 33 week bump!



Symptoms:  middle of the night bathroom trips, extra tired this week, and a big ole belly :)

Weight Gain:  20 big ones... FML

Cravings:  Pizza, fruit, and waffles

Stretch Marks:  None

Belly Button: a solid flatty

Labor Signs:  None.  Baby girl is staying put!

Exciting Happenings:  Can't wait to see our maternity photos and reveal baby girl's name! Also, the stroller I've been wanting is no longer on backorder.  The armoire should be able to be moved in by this weekend so I can start putting her clothes away.  Tissue poms are half way done as well.  Annnnnnd I made a super adorable ruffle bottom onesie! I will post pics in my next post!




No comments:

Post a Comment