Saturday, June 15, 2013

34 Weeks!

Holy moly, 34 weeks already!  Had an appointment Wednesday, and Dr said everything was looking great!  Baby girl is still head down, and growth seems right on track.  My Dr didn't even flinch when Andy tattled on me and let him know I was still running 4+ miles on a consistent basis.  He said to keep on doing what I've been doing!  Blood pressure was good still as well - 107 / 66 , and her heart rate was around 144 still.  This was the first appointment that Andy has been off work to be able to come and hear the heart beat, so it was really special.  We treated ourselves by going to Starbucks afterwards.  I got a blueberry muffin and strawberry cream frappuccino (caffeine free, but not guilt free!).  Our little girl LOVED it!  She danced around like a little monkey all afternoon afterwards.  

Made a lot of progress on the nursery this past week.  I made and hung the banners for above her crib and hung a few of the tissue poms as well.  I feel like I still need more, so I will have to go buy some more tissue paper soon.  Also, my parents brought over the armoire my mom and I painted, and it is now ready for business!  Just need to wash all of the baby clothes and start filling it!  I will post pictures soon.

Nursery To Do List Update:

Paint walls
Buy crib
Buy changing table
Buy glider / rocking chair
Buy / make curtains
Hang new blinds/shades
Buy storage bins for under changing table
Hang curtains
Make crib skirt
Buy crib mattress
Make crib bumpers (for later)
Paint armoire
Move armoire from parents' house to nursery
Wash and hang up clothes
Hang her name above crib
Hang shelves 
Buy nightlights
Make banner
Hang banner
Buy and hang artwork

At 34 weeks, our little girl is the size of a butternut squash!  She is around 4 1/2 pounds, and 17 inches long.  She can recognize me and Andy's voices and her kidneys and bladder are producing about a pint a day.  I don't feel like she's dropped yet because I can still feel her in my ribs, but she will be making her way lower in the next few weeks!  I can't believe how close we are getting to meeting our precious cargo.  

Here is my 34 week bump pic:





Symptoms:  Sleeeeeep.... I feel like I need 10+ hours every night to feel fully rested.  Otherwise, I feel great! Maybe an increased appetite as well :)  Also, I definitely have more freckles!

Weight Gain:  20 1/2 pounds

Cravings:  pizza and fruit 

Stretch Marks:  None yet

Belly Button:  Still a flatty

Labor Signs:  None

Exciting Happenings:  Less than 6 weeks until we meet our baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment