Monday, May 27, 2013

31 Weeks! Only 9 weeks to go!

At 31 weeks, our little girl is the size of a pineapple!  Holy moly!  She is roughly 16 inches long now, weighing in around 3 whoppin pounds.  All 5 senses are now FULLY developed, meaning she can see, taste, hear, smell, and feel!  Pregnancy brain has definitely kicked in, and I think it's because I'm realizing how much there is left to do and how little time we have to do it!  I am sure every first time mom feels this way.

We started our childbirth classes at the hospital this week!  It's a 6 week course covering labor and delivery, newborn care, and breast feeding.  I really like our instructor and can't wait to cover all the material she has in store for us.  Plus, at the end of every class, she makes time for your labor partner to give you a massage :) I am looking forward to these next couple weeks because we are going to get to tour the new birthing wing of the hospital.  It just opened in January 2013, and our instructor said the rooms ridiculously nice!


31 Week 6 days Bump (still counts):





Symptoms: Trouble falling asleep, pregnancy brain, bigger belly, and my ears get sore when I wear earrings... weird!

Weight Gain: 19 lbs

Cravings:  Always fruit... especially pineapple, strawberries, and nectarines. Also pretzel bites!

Stretch Marks:  No, but my skin is really tight!

Belly Button:  Holding on for dear life.  I think next week it will be even with my belly, and then 2 weeks from now it will be an outie

Labor Signs:  None

Exciting Happenings:  Got the curtains hung, our first prenatal class, and getting to go see a movie with hubby on Tuesday afternoon.  Upcoming 32 week appointment on Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment