Sunday, April 21, 2013

26 Weeks!

I am 26 weeks pregnant... only 93 days left! I feel like there is so much to do still, that I wonder if I will ever get it done in time.  Plus, the weeks just keep flying by! Most of the baby stuff seems to only get done on the weekends.  If only the weekends were longer! According to some websites, the third trimester starts either the 27th or 28th week.  It just depends on which website you look at.  I am going by 28 weeks because that is what my doctor goes by.  So either tomorrow or next Monday is the last day of my 2nd trimester!  Where is the time going?

Yesterday, I went to my mom's and she helped me make made the curtains for baby's nursery!  This was only like my 2nd time sewing anything... so it was definitely a learning experience.  I am so happy with the way they turned out!  Once I paint the curtain rod and hang them, I will post pics.  

I think I had my first Braxton Hicks contraction this week.  Since I've never had one before, I'm not sure if that's what that was.  It just felt like a hardening or tightening of my abs.  It was hard to tell if that was me or her curling up in a little ball pushing outward on my abs.  It only lasted like 15 seconds, so I'm still not sure.  

At 26 weeks, our baby is the size of a head of lettuce!  She's between 13 - 14 inches and weighs about 2 - 2 1/2 pounds.  This week, her eyes are continuing to develop, and she already has little eyelashes!  She has been moving around a lot more lately, and sometimes I think I can tell where her head and little tiny bottom are! Also, depending on the shape of my bump each day, I can tell whether she is lying transverse or upside down.  Our little girl loves to move all around like a little fishy. 

Here is my 26 1/2 week bump pic:





Symptoms:  Fatigue, crazy dreams, and waking up 2x a night to go to the bathroom

Weight Gain:  15 lbs.

Cravings:  Green apples and quesadillas

Stretch Marks:  None yet! Praying I don't get any before our vacation to the beach

Belly Button:  Still in, just looking a little less deep each day

Labor Signs:  First BH this week! ( I think )

Exciting happenings:  Finished curtains, upcoming vacation, and warmer weather



No comments:

Post a Comment