Sunday, April 14, 2013

25 Week Bumpdate!

Spring weather is officially here! Finally. . . . I was singing my winter blues a little too long this year.  I have been taking advantage of taking Apollo out with me on my runs so he can get some non-snowy exercise too.  He loves it almost as much as I do.

This has been such a great week! I had a couple of "firsts."  I had my first stranger notice I was pregnant.  I was running at Creve Coeur Lake, and 2 ladies were walking with strollers.  I had one of them jaw drop (I think in disapproval) and loudly whisper to her friend, "OMG she's running while she's pregnant!"  Sure, she might've been being judgmental, but I was elated.  Finally, strangers are noticing I'm pregnant instead of being chubby with a beer belly!  Also, this week, I had my first belly pat.  I was totally okay with it though.  It was one of the girls from my night class, and she politely asked first.  These two made my week.

My 24 week appointment went great!  Doctor had to measure both sides of my tummy because baby was tucked up on the left side in a little ball.  The right side was completely "flat," so the measurements on each side differed by several centimeters.  He gave me the lovely orange sugar water, and next week I am going in for the GD test.  Oh boy!  I am already dreading drinking it, but I am looking forward to having another health update to know whether or not baby is at risk.  Also, I got the all clear from my doctor to fly in a couple weeks.  I will be about 7 months, but since I am not high risk he said it was no big deal at all.  Can't wait to relax on a sunny beach!

At 25 weeks, our little girl is the size of a cauliflower!  She is over a foot long, and weighs between 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 pounds! I can definitely tell she is growing, because I can feel a lot more movement now.  I think she must have gone through a growth spurt these past 2 weeks because even Andy is noticing my ever growing belly.  The other day he looked at me and was like, "Hey! There's a baby right there!"  I think it was the first time he really noticed the prego-pooch. It was so cute because normally he never says anything about it . . . that's probably wise of him :)  I am loving finally looking pregnant instead of just chubby.  Sure, it's not my ideal image, but I love knowing that I am pregnant and baby girl is growing.  

Here is my 25 week bump pic:





Symptoms:  round ligament pain, and increased appetite (but starting to have to eat smaller portions. . . I think I am running out of room in there!) 

Weight Gain:  14 1/2 lbs! I knew we were both growing!

Cravings:  Donuts (weird because I never really liked them before I got pregnant), mango anything, stuffed artichokes, and tacos

Stretch Marks: None yet

Belly Button: Still in, but looks different this week than it did last week

Labor Signs:  No BH yet

Exciting Happenings:  Deciding on a name, and got the nursery painted! Pics to come once we put the furniture back! Also, tentatively decided on nursery fabrics.  Can't wait to share!



No comments:

Post a Comment