Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Happy St. Patrick's Day 2014!! 

In honor of St. Paddy's Day, Andy and I stayed up late last night (11:30pm) and watched an Irish documentary called Knuckle on Netflix.  Somehow, it was oddly entertaining.  This videographer followed these traveling clans for 10 years as they fought amongst themselves.  The various clans would basically send a video to pick a fight with a member of another clan, and then they would go off and fist fight each other with a lot of money at stake.  Those crazy Irish and their tempers!!! I've never seen anything like it... none of the fights were staged or choreographed, so it was funny to watch 2 grown men fight for real.  A lot of biting and dancing was involved.  

On another note, we hit another couple milestones.
Milestone #1:  Eva finally learned to clap!  I've only been trying to teach her since she was 4 months old, but she never wanted to do it herself.  She always liked it when I clapped her hands for her.  But yesterday, she did it by herself... and looked sooo proud.
 Milestone #2:  Eva said her first word.  Of course she says "dada" and the occasional "mama," but she said her first non-baby word.  Apparently, Eva wanted her first word to be POOP.  Seriously?!?! Poop... it's not like it's even that easy to say.  Isn't it supposed to be like "ball" or "baba" for bottle, or "dog?"  Nope... my daughter wants to shout "POOP!" I can see it now, cruising through the grocery store while my daughter yells "poop poop poop" up and down the aisles.  I can't wait... 

I ended up making a pasta tonight with a lot of green veggies.  I thought about dying the sauce green just to be festive, but that didn't happen.  I figured the less artificial, the better.  No green beer for us, since Andy is allergic, but we celebrated in our own gluten free way :)  I hope everyone had a safe and merry St. Patrick's Day!  

Slainte (cheers in Irish Gaelic), from the Ingrassia's!


Not too happy... then I mention bathtime and she cheers right up!



1 comment: