Monday, August 10, 2015

I'm still here...



I realize I haven't posted in a few months.  Life got crazy, and blogging became extremely less important.  I still want to keep posting though, so I can remember all the highlights and memories of Eva growing up.  Last time I posted, we had just moved into our new house.  We are mostly settled, but we have been working on a renovations.  We really wanted to update our kitchen, since it was the original cabinets that were still in there, and they were in pretty bad shape.  We ordered new ones, and are planning on installing them this weekend.  I'm so excited! Eva and I will be moving out and staying with my parents for the week while Andy does all of the hard work :)  Guess we'll just have to spend our days lounging by the pool.



Our first tomato from our vegetable garden!


The last time I posted,  I was getting ready to start school.  Well, right before I started, we went with my family to Grand Cayman for one last hurrah before school began.  I will save those pictures for another post, but Eva had so much fun at the "vacation house!"  Some of her favorite people were there, so she was in toddler heaven.  

The biggest change in our lives lately has been me going back to school, Eva starting daycare, and Andy starting his own business.  These three things have been HUGE in our lives, and it's been a lot of work to stay on top of everything at home.  I have been extremely busy with school, between classes all day and studying all night after Eva goes to bed.  We may have had a lot of pizza, take out, and frozen vegetables for dinner.  #mommyfail.  I did really well with food prepping and cooking the first half of the summer, but it all went to pieces once Pharm and Patho started.  I know the rest of my classmates can agree that we did not have much time for anything else except for studying and class.  However, I officially completed my first semester of nursing school, and I only have 2 more semesters to go!  9 more months! 



Eva started daycare the first day I started school.  It was so sad.  I know it was hard for her to adjust and get acquainted with her new environment, especially since she only goes part time.  However, now she made some friends and is more comfortable, and she looks forward to it each week.  It's such a relief to me as a parent that she is in good hands, with good kids, and eating healthy food.  The school makes such great meals for the kids! I'm so happy that we can drop her off without her having a meltdown.  Of course, as soon as I pick her up in the evenings she bounds to me ready to leave.  But, she really does love her school and her teachers.  

Eva's first day of school... This is what she does when I ask her to smile for the camera


Lastly, amidst all the craziness, Eva turned 2!!! My baby is getting so big, and I love this age more than ever! I can't wait to share pictures from her party, but here is one before everyone arrived.  We had a mermaid/under the sea theme :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment