Friday, January 3, 2014

Bring on 2014

I am so ready for 2014!  I cannot wait to share new experiences and holidays with Eva as she grows.  However, I can't forget how amazing 2013 has been.  Here are some of my top favorite moments of the year:

1.  Being pregnant
2.  Giving birth to the most amazing daughter I could ever imagine
3.  Andy coming home from medic training
4.  Starting a new job
5.  Reconnecting with old friends
6.  Running a half marathon
7.  Celebrating 2 years of marriage with my hubby
8.  Quality time with family
9.  Annual Grand Cayman Vacation
10.  First holidays with Eva


Now that 2014 is here, I wanted to implement a few New Years Resolutions.  I've actually been thinking about these for a while because I wanted to have some good ones that would make myself a better person.

1.  Do more yoga to increase my flexibility.  Running and lifting without stretching afterwards has seriously crippled my flexibility! Plus, I think being pregnant and having Eva messed with my hip joints and flexibility.

2.  Makeupless Mondays.  So I don't wear a ton of makeup, but I do feel self conscious without it.  But, I'm young and still have good skin.  I don't want to teach my daughter that I have to wear makeup to feel pretty.  I am going to try to not wear makeup every Monday of the year (unless it's a photo shoot, holiday, important meeting, etc).  I may even instagram a few photos :) follow me @chelsjill #makeuplessmonday

3.  Be healthier.  All encompassing.  Continue exercising, maybe add in a few new forms of exercise as well just to experiment.  Eat healthier and continue to cook at least 2-3 times per week.  Run longer, lift heavier, sleep more, and RELAX!

4.  Read more.  You know how people say, "I hate exercising, so I don't do it."  It doesn't change the fact that it's good for you, and you SHOULD be doing it.  Well, I say, "I hate (not hate, but don't enjoy) reading, so I don't do it."  Doesn't change the fact that it's good for my brain, and I SHOULD be doing it.  Normally, I like to read fictional book series like Hunger Games, Twilight, Game of Thrones, etc just to name a few.  However, I am going to force myself to read books that have educational material, that I wouldn't normally pick up.  Topics will include:

    -  Other Cultures
    -  Medical Science
    -  Other religions
    -  Politics
    -  Finances
    -  Geography
    -  Relationships
    -  Parenting
    -  ETC

If anyone has any suggestions on good books that fall into any of these categories, or know of any books that I might find interesting and educational, let me know!  


Lastly, I leave you with a picture of my darling Eva.  This is how we rang in the new year - in our jammies!  Would have loved to go out and celebrate with friends, but we gotta keep the little one on her schedule.  Sleeping through the night is good for baby and mommy!  Plus, I'm still on the no-alcohol diet due to BFing.






No comments:

Post a Comment