Wednesday, July 24, 2013

2 weeks old

Yesterday was a very special day.  It was originally my due date.  Yet today, I have a 2 week old baby!  How did that happen?  I thought first time moms generally went past their due date.  Not that I am complaining!  I have loved every minute I've gotten to spend with our little nugget.  I really wasn't prepared for an early baby though! 

It was also a special day because we got to have Eva's newborn pictures taken.  My very talented mother in law works for a company called Glory Photography.  We headed to the studio at 9:30 am for Eva's first professional photo shoot!  The shoot lasted about 4 hours, in an 80 degree studio with a space heater and sound machine.  I am amazed at the patience and talent of my mother in law and her assistant.  I cannot wait to see how the pictures turned out! 

Lastly, it was special because I went on my first run postpartum.  Sure, it was slow paced and I only went 2 miles.  But it seriously felt wonderful!!  I had forgotten how much easier it was to run not pregnant!  I can't wait to get back in the swing of things and start adding mileage.  My first postpartum goal is to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and also run the Cowbell half marathon in October.  I have a ways to go, but am feeling super motivated right now! 

For now, I leave you with some pictures of a 2 week old Eva.  

Doing her tummy time.

Napping in her Elapoo.


1 comment: